Monday, February 13, 2012

I Am Poem




I am an idea junkie and thief. I seriously adore looking at ideas other teachers are using, and when I can, I 'borrow' them. So when someone pinned something from One Extra Degree's blog, I pinned it too, and then, I went on an all-day blog reading fest. I came across her "I Am Poem" freebie and adapted it for my needs, which happened to be quite pressing. My hallway bulletin board was blank, and conferences were the next week. I had the students complete the poem, and they framed them in a way that was quick but wonderful once they were all hanging. My BFF (and co-fourth-grade teacher) and I used our Cricut to cut the title (using two cartridges and a mix mash of papers). Considering how little time we gave to this particular board and writing assignment, I am thrilled with how it turned out. When I do it next year, I’d like to add black and white photos of the kids, framed the same way, and put the title at the top instead of the middle of the board.

3 comments:

  1. This bulletin board is fantastic! Where did you get the font for the headline? That's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    One of the other teachers in my grade level and I won Cricut machines for our school (http://www.cricut.com/ contact Provo Craft; when they have slightly used demo machines,they give them to schools). We both have many cartridges, as we have our own Cricuts at home too. The two we used here were All Mixed Up (the I, m, and o) and Simply Sweet. You can cut letters from 1"-12"+ on a Cricut, which makes them awesome for a classroom. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh - that makes perfect sense. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a Cricut now. :)

    ReplyDelete